2 Ingredient Apple Tea Cake
Nothing beats a warm slice of apple tea cake straight out of the oven. This 2 ingredient apple tea cake is as quick and easy as cake gets, and tastes absolutely amazing!
The two ingredients you will need to bake this cake are such common pantry ingredients that you might already have them ready to go in your kitchen. If not, a quick trip to the supermarket and you will be good to go.
Ingredients for apple tea cake
Wondering just what these 2 ingredients are to make this deliciously simple cake? All you will need is a tin of apple slices, and a packet of basic butter cake mix. These ingredients together will cost around $2.60 from your local Woolworths, which makes this recipe super budget friendly.
How to make 2 ingredient apple tea cake
Before making a start on your cake batter, preheat the oven to 160c fan forced, and line a cake tin with baking paper. Set aside while you prepare the batter.
Next, add the entire contents of the apple slice can to a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Once the apples are mashed, add the packet of cake mix to the apples and mix until well combined.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin and bake in preheated oven for around 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool in cake tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack. Either slice and eat while warm or allow to cool completely before eating.
Store any uneaten cake in an airtight container at room temperature.
2 Ingredient apple tea cake recipe
- 385g can apple slices
- 340g packet butter cake mix
- Preheat oven to 160c. Line a round cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Empty the entire contents of the can of apple slices, juice and all, into a large mixing bowl. Mash the apple slices with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the packet of cake mix to the bowl of mashed apple and stir through until well combined. The batter will be quite thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from cake tin. This cake is great eaten either warm or room temperature.
- Store any uneaten cake in an airtight container at room temperature.