Weetbix Marshmallow Slice
I am in love with this Weetbix marshmallow slice! The Weetbix base tastes great on it’s own, but is even better topped with the light and fluffy marshmallow. Don’t be scared off by the marshmallow, it’s actually very simple to make. You can add a few drops of food colouring to the marshmallow, it also looks fantastic left white. I also topped my slice with black and white sprinkles before putting it in the fridge.
Want more? Take a look at our 14 Easy Slice Recipes.
- 3 Weetbix, crushed
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon gelatine
- food colouring, optional
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add Weetbix, coconut, flour, brown sugar, vanilla and butter to a large bowl and stir until well combined. Press the mixture into the slice tin, and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the base is cooking, place the cold water and sugar into a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and mix for 3 minutes. Combine the boiling water and gelatine with a fork, then add to the mixer. Beat for 8 minutes or until thick and white. Add food colouring if using and continue to beat until mixed through.
- Spread the marshmallow on to the slice base and place in the fridge for an hour or so until set.
Want to stay updated on all the latest sales and money saving ideas? Sign up to the Bargain Mums Mid-Week Catch Up email here.