I had a box half full of Weet-Bix that had been sitting around for a while, so I thought it was time I made something with them! This Weet-Bix slice was perfect, because it uses a good amount of Weet-Bix (surely this makes it almost healthy). You can top your slice with chocolate icing, or even just eat it as it is, but I topped mine with a layer of melted milk chocolate. The vegetable oil in the chocolate layer is also optional, it just helps stop the chocolate from cracking when you slice it up.
You might also like to try:
- Easy lattice vanilla slice
- Slow cooker peanut butter brownies
- Easy ham and zucchini slice
- 14 Easy slice recipes
This is one of those very easy recipes that involves simply adding everything together in a bowl and mixing.
To make the slice, first preheat the oven and line a slice tin with baking paper. Next, add the melted butter, egg, weetbix, cocoa powder, brown sugar and desiccated coconut to a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared slice tin and press down firmly.
Bake the slice for 15 minutes, then allow to cool completely in the tin. To make the chocolate layer, melt together the milk chocolate and vegetable oil, then spread evenly over the top of the slice. Refrigerate for two hours before slicing and serving.
Want more? Get a free copy of our ’17 Easy Slice Recipes eBook’ here. You will receive a PDF copy via email that can then be viewed on your phone, tablet or computer.
- 200g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 12 Weet-Bix, crushed by hand
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 200g milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 160c. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the slice tin and press down evenly. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and vegetable oil together, then spread over the top of the slice. Refrigerate for 2 hours before slicing and serving.
You might also like:
Must try Chocolate Caramilk Balls.