Snowman Chocolate Oreo Balls
These Snowman Chocolate Oreo Balls are perfect for Christmas get-togethers. Not only do they look cute, but they also taste great. While they make great Christmas treats, they would also be a huge hit as part of a Frozen themed birthday party.
To make the balls, you will need 36 regular sized Oreo cookies along with a package of cream cheese. I bought 2 packets of Oreo’s, which meant there were plenty left over for snacking on while making the snowmen. I also used spreadable cream cheese for this recipe; regular cream cheese also works perfectly, just let it soften at room temperature before using.
To make the balls, add the cookies to a food processor and crush, then add the cream cheese and process until the mixture is well combined. Next, take teaspoons full of the Oreo mixture and roll into balls, placing on a baking tray. Once you have rolled the balls, transfer the baking tray to the freezer to set for at least 10 minutes. This is going to make it easier to coat in chocolate.
While the balls are setting, melt the white chocolate according to the packet directions. Roll the balls in the chocolate before placing back on the baking tray. I used a fork to gently roll the balls in the melted chocolate. Top each ball with a mini Oreo cookie, then leave until the chocolate has set.
Once the white chocolate has set, it’s time to add the faces. I used Queen branded writing icing, using blue for the eyes, red for the nose and black for the smiling face. Keep refrigerated once assembled.
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 500g white chocolate, melted
- 30 mini bite sized Oreo cookies
- blue, red and black writing icing
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor, then add the cream cheese and process once again until mixture combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls (I made 30), and place on a baking tray. Place in the freezer to set for at least 10 minutes,
- Dip each ball into the melted white chocolate, top with a mini Oreo then place back on the baking tray to set.
- Once the chocolate has set, draw on the eyes, nose and mouth using the writing icing. Keep refrigerated.