Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Have you discovered Yummly? It’s a super easy to use site to store all of your favourite recipes. You can save recipes from your favourite website and blogs, and they are then all stored in the one handy spot. You can also use the site to search from a huge number of recipes, and even create a shopping list. You can save recipes from our site by scrolling down to the ‘social sharing’ buttons, where you will find the Yum button. You can then view this recipe and others over at Yummly. Now for the roasted sweet potato soup:
It’s winter here in Australia, and with sweet potatoes being so cheap right now, it’s the perfect time to try this Roasted Sweet Potato Soup. It is such a simple but flavour filled soup. The maple syrup adds an amazing sweetness, and it all just works so well together. It’s perfect served on a cold winters night with some crusty bread. This soup freezes extremely well, so make up a big batch and freeze some for a night when you don’t feel like cooking, or in smaller batches for individual lunch sized servings.
- 850g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- fresh or dried oregano leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Place the sweet potato and onion into a roasting dish and drizzle with the olive oil and maple syrup. Stir to combine and roast for around 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, add to a large saucepan along with the crushed garlic and chicken stock. Let simmer for around 5 minutes, then blend using a hand stick blender or ordinary blender until the soup is smooth.
- Stir 3/4 of the cream through the soup. Spoon into serving bowls, swirl the remaining cream over the soup, and sprinkle with a little oregano.