If you like to hide veggies in your baking then you are going to love these Pumpkin Cookies. There is no way the kids will be able to tell they contain pumpkin. They are extremely light and fluffy, and they definitely don’t have a strong pumpkin taste. I pressed white chocolate chips on top of mine just before baking, but it’s completely optional, they taste great with or without the chocolate.
- 115g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 1with baking 80c and line a baking tray paper.
- Add the butter and sugar to a mixer and beat for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll teaspoons full of dough into balls, place on the baking tray and squish down slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Want to stay updated on all the latest sales and money saving ideas? Sign up to the Bargain Mums Mid-Week Catch Up email here.