Mars Bar Slice
This Mars Bar Slice tastes exactly like a Mars Bar, yet it doesn’t actually contain any Mars Bar whatsoever. It’s extremely easy to make, and only uses basic ingredients; there is a good chance you already have the ingredients on hand. There are versions of this slice around that use 4 Mars Bars, but this version is far cheaper to make, and gives much the same result.
Want more? Take a look at our 14 Easy Slice Recipes.
- 60g butter
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 45g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the 60g of butter, golden syrup, cocoa powder and condensed milk in a medium sized saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted. Continue stirring for around 5 minutes or until the mixture caramalises. Allow the mixture to cool for for 10 minutes.
- Gently fold the rice bubbles through the caramel mixture until well combined. Using the back of a metal spoon, press the rice bubble mixture firmly into the slice tin. Place in the fridge to set.
- Once the slice has set, place the remaining 45g of butter and dark chocolate in a microwave proof bowl and melt in short bursts in the microwave.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the slice and place in the fridge again until set. Slice and serve.
Want to stay updated on all the latest sales and money saving ideas? Sign up to the Bargain Mums Mid-Week Catch Up email here.