Lemon Coconut Slice
I’m a huge fan of quick, no bake slices, and this Lemon Coconut Slice would have to be my favourite. It really annoys me when I have left over condensed milk after baking, so I have modified this recipe to use a whole can of condensed milk and an entire packet of biscuits. If you like your slice firmer then you can easily add extra biscuits and/or reduce the amount of condensed milk.
We have sprinkled our slice with extra desiccated coconut immediately after icing, but this is completely optional.
Want more? Take a look at our 14 Easy Slice Recipes.
- 125g butter
- 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 250g plain biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan and melt together over a low heat.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor. Add the coconut and lemon juice, as well as the butter mixture and process until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the slice tin and put in the fridge.
- To make the icing, add the icing sugar and lemon juice to a small saucepan, stirring until the icing is smooth and warm.
- Spread quickly over the slice, and place slice back in the fridge until set.
Want to stay updated on all the latest sales and money saving ideas? Sign up to the Bargain Mums Mid-Week Catch Up email here.
HAVE YOU TRIED OUR LEMON COCONUT SLICE? LET US KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.