Lemon Coconut Slice
I’m a huge fan of quick, no bake slices, and this Lemon Coconut Slice would have to be my favourite. It really annoys me when I have left over condensed milk after baking, so I have modified this recipe to use a whole can of condensed milk and an entire packet of biscuits. If you like your slice firmer then you can easily add extra biscuits and/or reduce the amount of condensed milk.
We have sprinkled our slice with extra desiccated coconut immediately after icing, but this is completely optional.
Want more? Take a look at our 14 Easy Slice Recipes.
- 125g butter
- 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 250g plain biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan and melt together over a low heat.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor. Add the coconut and lemon juice, as well as the butter mixture and process until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the slice tin and put in the fridge.
- To make the icing, add the icing sugar and lemon juice to a small saucepan, stirring until the icing is smooth and warm.
- Spread quickly over the slice, and place slice back in the fridge until set.
HAVE YOU TRIED OUR LEMON COCONUT SLICE? LET US KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.