Lamb Wraps with Mint Yoghurt
These lamb wraps have a gyros type of flavour, but with a minty twist. Wraps are one of the easiest meals to prepare and are perfect for serving on a Friday night after a busy week. They are something we have often; we prepare the meat and salad, then put it all in the centre of the dining table and let everyone create their own wraps. They are part of our 5 night quick and easy meal plan, which you can check out here.
The lamb in these wraps has an amazing flavour after being marinaded for a short time in Fountain Mint sauce, along with lemon and garlic. To add even more minty flavour, I created a yoghurt sauce with a mint kick by simply adding some Fountain Thick Mint sauce to Greek style yoghurt along with a little garlic. It was a massive hit and could easily be used as a dipping sauce for a huge number of meals, or even as a salad dressing.
- 500g diced lamb
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Fountain Mint sauce
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 200g Greek style natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ¼ cup Fountain Thick Mint sauce
- Lettuce, tomato, cucumber and grated cheese, for serving
- Flour wraps, for serving
- In a mixing bowl, add the lamb, lemon juice, olive oil, Fountain Mint sauce, garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes if time allows.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook the lamb until cooked through. In the meantime, add the Greek yoghurt to a small bowl along with the Fountain Thick Mint sauce, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the lamb in the wraps along with the salad ingredients, and top with a generous amount of mint yoghurt sauce.