This jelly slice could not be any simpler, it doesn’t need any baking, and is perfect for budget-friendly parties. You could even get creative and put fruit in the jelly layer, or change the flavour and appearance of the slice by using any flavour jelly you like!
Want more? Take a look at our 14 Easy Slice Recipes.
- 1 packet plain biscuits
- 170g butter, melted
- 1 x 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- juice of 2 lemons, or 6 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons gelatine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 x 85g packet red jelly crystals
- Crush biscuits and melted butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press biscuit mixture firmly into a lined lamington or slice tin.
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water. In a bowl, mix together the gelatine mixture, lemon juice and condensed milk. Spread the filling over the base and refrigerate until set.
- Make jelly as per packet instructions. Cool the jelly liquid, then pour over the slice.
- Refrigerate until set, and cut into squares to serve.