Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
These ice cream cone cupcakes are a twist in traditional cupcakes. They are much simpler to make than they look, just bake the cake batter in the ice cream cones and once cool pipe the icing on top to look like ice cream. You can use any cake batter that has a thick consistency; if the batter is too runny the cones will soften. Our cake recipe is perfect for baking in ice cream cones, and is the perfect amount for 12 cones.
- 12 Ice Cream Cones flat bottomed
- 125 grams Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Milk
- Food Colouring
- 250 grams Butter softened
- 2 cups Icing Sugar
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together in a mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each addition. Add in the flour and milk and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cones, making sure the batter goes right to the bottom of each cone. Bake in the oven at 160c for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and springy to touch. Cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing, beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a mixer until pale and fluffy. Using a piping bag and star nozzle, pipe the icing onto each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles.