Easy Lattice Vanilla Slice
I have been making my usual Easy Vanilla Slice for years, but I thought it was time to make it an even easier recipe. My original version uses sheets of puff pastry for the top and bottom of the slice, while my new version uses lattice biscuits. That means this recipe now involves absolutely no cooking or baking.
You might also like to try:
To make the slice, first line a square can pan with baking paper. Next, lay 9 of the lattice biscuits on the base of the cake pan, using more or less biscuits depending on the size of your pan. I laid mine in a 3×3 pattern.
To make the vanilla filling, whip the thickened cream until it forms soft peaks (I do this in my KitchenAid with the wire whisk attachment). Meanwhile, add the vanilla pudding mix and milk to a large mixing bowl, and whisk until the mixture thickens.
Spoon the vanilla filling over the layer of biscuits, smooth filling and then top with another layer of the lattice biscuits. You can either leave the slice as is, or finish with vanilla icing (which is what I did). Place in the fridge to set, then slice and enjoy.
- 1 packet Arnott's lattice biscuits
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 x 100g Cottee's vanilla pudding mix
- 500ml milk
- Line a square cake pan with baking paper, and lay 9 lattice biscuits on the base of the pan, which will form the bottom of the slice.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Meanwhile, add both packets of pudding mix and the milk to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until the mixture thickens. Fold the whipped cream through the pudding mixture until combined.
- Spoon the vanilla mixture over the prepared lattice biscuits and smooth the top. Top with another 9 biscuits, placed so they line up with the bottom layer.
- Place in the fridge to set, then slice and serve.