Easy Ham and Zucchini Slice
This Easy Ham and Zucchini Slice is one of my all time favourite easy dinners. It’s great served with a salad on the side, and it also makes an amazing lunch, for those times you feel like something other than sandwiches. If you are like me and are a fan of freezing meals ready for days you don’t feel like cooking, this slice also freezes well. You could always make a double batch, then eat half for dinner and freeze the other half for another day.
Not only does this recipe taste amazing for something so simple, it’s also extremely easy to make. It’s one of those slices that is as difficult as mixing a heap of ingredients in a bowl and baking them in the oven. That’s it!
To make the slice, first preheat the oven, and line a slice tin with baking paper. Set the tin aside. Next, add to a large mixing bowl some diced onion (I love to use red or pink but brown works just as well), grated zucchini, grated cheese, diced ham, self raising flour, eggs and a little salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients until they are smooth and well combined, then pour the mixture into the prepared slice tin and bake for around 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden on top. It’s great eaten hot or cold, on it’s own or with a side.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large zucchinis, grated
- 4 slices ham, diced
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 5 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the diced onion, grated zucchini, diced ham, grated cheese, self raising flour, eggs and a little salt & pepper to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared slice tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.