Christmas Jelly Slice
If you love our ever popular easy jelly slice, this no bake Christmas jelly slice needs to be on your Christmas menu. It’s just like our original jelly slice, only instead of one layer of jelly, it has two layers; one red and one green.
As with the original version, you can get creative and add fruit to either or both of the jelly layers, or even sprinkle the top of the slice with crushed candy canes. No matter how you choose to serve it, this slice is sure to be a hit, I find it one of those recipes that everyone loves.
- 1 packet plain biscuits
- 120g butter, melted
- 1 x 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- juice of 2 lemons, or 6 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons gelatine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 x 85g packet red jelly crystals
- 1 x 85g packet green jelly crystals
- Crush biscuits and melted butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press biscuit mixture firmly into a lined lamington or slice tin.
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water. In a bowl, mix together the gelatine mixture, lemon juice and condensed milk. Spread the filling over the base and refrigerate until set.
- Make the red jelly as per packet instructions. Cool the jelly liquid, then pour over the slice.
- Make the green jelly as per packet instructions. Cool the jelly, then pour over the set red jelly.
- Refrigerate until set, and cut into squares to serve.