Chocolate Coconut Jelly Slice
Jelly slice is the ultimate easy slice recipe, as is such an old favourite. This chocolate coconut jelly slice is a twist on the original. Instead of plain biscuits on the bottom, a creamy lemon flavoured middle layer and a jelly top, it has a chocolate base, creamy coconut filling and is finished with the usual layer of jelly, strawberry in this case. It is quite possible even better than the original version, and is sure to be a hit with any chocolate fan.
To make the slice, start by crushing a packet of chocolate biscuits, my favourite are Arnott’s Chocolate Ripple, in a food processor along with some melted butter. Once combined, tip the crushed biscuits into a lined slice tin and press down firmly. Transfer to the fridge to cool while you make a start on the next layer.
To make the creamy coconut middle layer, combine a tin of sweetened condensed milk with some desiccated coconut. Dissolve the gelatine powder in some boiling water, and combine with the coconut and condensed milk. Remove the slice tin from the fridge, pour the condensed milk layer over the base and place back in the fridge while you make the jelly.
The jelly layer is extremely easy, just make up a packet of jelly according to the packet instructions, which will usually be the jelly crystals dissolved in 200ml boiling water, and then combined with 250ml cold water. Let the jelly cool to room temperature, then pour over the slice. Place back in the fridge for a final time until the jelly has set. Then slice and enjoy. If you want more quick and easy slice recipes, check out our free 17 Easy Slice Recipes ebook.
- 250 packet chocolate biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 2 heaped tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 85g packet strawberry jelly
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Crush the chocolate biscuits in a food processor along with the melted butter. Press firmly into the prepared slice tin and put in the fridge to begin setting.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water and add to a small mixing bowl. Add the condensed milk and desiccated coconut and stir until well combined. Pour over the biscuit base and put back in the fridge.
- Prepare the jelly according to the directions on the packet. Allow to cool to room temperature, then pour over the slice and put in the fridge once more until the jelly has set.
- Slice and serve.