Chicken Satay Burgers
Monday nights call for something quick and easy for dinner and these Chicken Satay Burgers won’t disappoint. They are part of our 5 night quick and easy meal plan, which you can check out here. You can make the entire meal simply by using ready made burger buns and frozen chips, or if you have a bit more time on hand you could make the buns and chips from scratch. Either way, your family are going to love these burgers.
Burgers tend to typically be beef, so I created these using chicken breast for something a little different. I marinated the chicken using Fountain Satay sauce, a little coconut milk, garlic and ginger, then simply pan fried the chicken until cooked through. I then added cucumber and lettuce to the burgers and finished them off with extra satay sauce. These burgers are great served with a side of chips and Fountain Spicy Red sauce for dipping.
- 500g chicken breast
- 1/3 cup Fountain Satay sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce and cucumber, for serving
- Fountain Satay sauce, extra, for serving
- Slice the chicken breast lengthways to form thin portions of chicken. Add the chicken to a bowl along with the Fountain Satay sauce, coconut milk, ginger and garlic. Mix to combine then set aside in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook the chicken until completely cooked through, turning halfway. Serve with burger buns, lettuce, cucumber and extra satay sauce.