4 Ingredient Beetroot Brownies
After managing to actually grow beetroot in my garden last year (my dogs usually get to my veggies before I do), I started to experiment with different ways to use beetroot. These 4 Ingredient Beetroot Brownies are a great way to turn beetroot into something sweet. They are so easy to make, using just the beetroot, dark chocolate, brown sugar and flour, and they have the most amazing red colour, a bit like red velvet cake, minus the huge amount of red food colouring. These brownies can be eaten as they are, or topped with chocolate icing or ganache before serving.
- 250g beetroot, cooked and pureed
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Add the pureed beetroot to the melted chocolate and mix. Add the flour and brown sugar and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared slice tin and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool in tin before slicing.
Want to stay updated on all the latest sales and money saving ideas? Sign up to the Bargain Mums Mid-Week Catch Up email here.